Sometimes I worry that I am don't get personal enough in this part of the internet (or any part of the internet, for that matter) and I think I just feel uncomfortable being really open, so here is my attempt to help you know me a little better, and to open up a little. (Honestly, most of my life is pretty dull, so I don't share because whatever I am doing is booooring and I would feel lame sharing it!)
10 things you might not know about me:
1. One of my favorite snacks is dry cereal at any time of the day or night (particularly Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, Oh's, Frosted Flakes, Captain Crunch and Frosted Cheerios).
2. I love the library the way some people love the mall. The best part is that in 3 weeks, I will get to take it all back, clean off my shelf and get a whole new set of books FOR FREE!!!!
3. I think that I have changed A LOT since getting married (hopefully for the better in most areas). For example:
- I used to be extremely picky and now I eat tons of vegetables and foods that my mom never imagined I would ever eat. I still don't really do fish or anything that still resembles its original form (shrimp, lobster, crab)
- I used to find non-fiction really dull, but now I really like non-fiction books now and almost prefer them to novels.
- I like staying home on the weekends and work on projects and spend time with Adam.
- I am now afraid to dance in front of people (but part of me will always miss college dances).
4. I absolutely love sewing, but most projects scare me at least a little regardless of how hard or easy they might be.
5. I often let gorgeous fabric sit in my fabric box for years because I love it's untapped potential. All the beautiful things that it could become.... mmmmmhh....
6. I have turned somewhat hippie since moving to Austin. I take my own reusable produce bags to the grocery store, I recycle weekly, and subscribe to my local CSA. Zero Home Waste was one of the most inspiring reads that I discovered last year, including inspiring me to start selling reusable produce bags.
7. I love traveling, but it scares me a lot. It doesn't matter where I am going, I always stress a little for every trip we take. I guess that is why I start packing a week before. It allows me to have some control over my trip.
8. I want to always live close to one of my sisters. I have always lived a weekend trip or closer to Merrick or Janssen, and living 1,000+ miles away feels so very far. I don't feel like we all need to live at the end of a cul de sac, but I love the idea of being close enough to get together on weekends.
9. I have aspirations of having a garden one day when we don't live in an apartment and want to always have fresh flowers in my house.
10. We are adding #3 to our family in December!!! We can't wait!
Also, to do some shameless self-promoting, I just added a few new things to my Etsy shop, and because I love July (it is my birthday month), so I added a coupon code that runs until the end of the month! Just type in HAPPYJULY when you check out and save 10% on everything in the shop!